Rulemaking Stakeholder Meetings
Last modified on January 26th, 2023 at 6:02 pm
The State of New Jersey, Department of Environmental Protection, Office of Transactions and Public Land Administration (OTPLA) is conducting a series of stakeholder meetings to obtain public input on Subchapters 25 and 26 of the Green Acres Program rules, N.J.A.C. 7:36. The Green Acres Program rules may be found at: https://dep.nj.gov/wp-content/uploads/greenacres/pdf/njac7_36.pdf
Subchapters 25 and 26 govern the maintenance of Green Acres encumbered parkland and other post-funding responsibilities, including the diversion and disposal application processes. The Green Acres rules are not set to expire until December 2025. However, since the Department has not made substantial changes to the rules since 2005, we plan to update the rules before they expire. As part of this update, we will be moving these two subchapters (25 and 26) into a new chapter specific to OTPLA.
A list of “hot issues” that may be addressed in the upcoming rulemaking may be found here. This list is intended to spur discussion at the stakeholder meetings, and is not intended to reflect a particular policy decision or position on the part of the Department.
Please note that this stakeholder process relates only to Subchapters 25 and 26; a future rulemaking will be initiated by the Green Acres Program relative to the remainder of the Green Acres Program rules at N.J.A.C. 7:36.
The previous and currently scheduled stakeholder meetings are:
- November 29, 2022 from 10 AM to 1PM–targeted to nonprofit Green Acres funding recipients–meeting recording
- December 13, 2022 from 2 PM to 5 PM–targeted to local government stakeholders (municipalities and counties)–meeting recording
- December 15, 2022 from 9 AM to noon–targeted to local government stakeholders (municipalities and counties)–meeting recording
- January 11, 2023 from 10 AM to noon–targeted to nonprofit Green Acres funding recipients–meeting recording
- January 18, 2023 from 10 AM to noon–targeted to local government stakeholders (municipalities and counties)–meeting recording
- January 24, 2023 from 1 PM to 3 PM–open to the general public–meeting recording to be posted soon
- January 26, 2023 from 1 PM to 3 PM–open to the general public–meeting recording to be posted soon
- January 31, 2023 from 6 PM to 8 PM–open to the general public
Note: Based on the duration of the December 2022 meetings, the January 2023 meetings have been scheduled for two hours. However, if not all attendees have had the opportunity to comment during the initial two-hour period, then the meeting will be extended for up to one hour to accommodate additional public comment.
The videoconference link and call in information for all the stakeholder sessions is:
Microsoft Teams meeting
Join on your computer, mobile app or room device
Meeting ID: 289 388 296 900
Or call in (audio only)
+1 856-338-7074,,521712351# United States, Camden
Phone Conference ID: 521 712 351#
Although the Department is targeting different stakeholder groups with different meetings, all meetings are open to the public.
If you are unable to attend the stakeholder meetings but wish to comment on these subchapters, or you have questions about the meetings, please send an email to us at firstname.lastname@example.org and include the word “Rulemaking” in the subject line.