The online logbook is designed to replace the paper logbooks anglers mailed to NJDEP Fish and Wildlife’s Striped Bass Bonus Program at the end of each fishing season. This online process does not replace the need to complete your bonus permit harvest information when a permit is used, but is a way for you to provide your logbook data more quickly and easily.
ONLINE REPORTING INSTRUCTIONS
You can refer to the detailed instructions below for guidance in completing and submitting the information via the online reporting site.
To begin entering Striped Bass Bonus Program Logbook data please click on the following link: https://safis.accsp.org:8443/safis_prod/f?p=109:101. Doing so will take you to the LOGIN SCREEN and begin the process.
LOGIN SCREEN If you have used the online logbook in the past: Login using your USERNAME and PASSWORD. (In the past, USERNAMEs were your 9-digit Conservation Identification Number (CID#) and PASSWORDs were your date of birth (MMDDYYYY)). If you forgot your USERNAME or PASSWORD, please click on the “Forgot Password?” button and follow the instructions.
First Time Users: Please click on “First Time User? Register here” button and follow the instructions to create an account.
Choose from one of the three following options:
A. Enter New Report
B. Edit Catch Report
C. Review Catch Reports
ENTERING A NEW REPORT
To enter a new report:
- Click on ENTER NEW REPORT
- Enter the DATE that you fished. Use the calendar icon to the right to select the date.
- Enter the primary METHOD of fishing that took place using the drop-down menu.
- Enter the total number of HOURS that you were actively fishing to the nearest half hour.
- Enter the HOOK TYPE used on your fishing gear using the drop-down menu.
- Enter the total NUMBER OF FISH CAUGHT, including all kept and released striped bass.
- Select the primary AREA fished using the drop-down menu. The NJDFW uses three digit codes to denote fishing areas. If it is unclear which area you fished, you can access the charts of the NJDFW three digit area codes. Click on the AREA label at the left of the entry window. To zoom into a specific area, click on the chart number to get an enlarged view. Use the corresponding three-digit code by clicking on New Jersey fishing areas underneath the drop-down menu.
- Select the TYPE OF FISHERY using the drop-down menu.
- When you are satisfied with what you have entered, click SAVE AND CONTINUE.
If you DID NOT CATCH FISH, you can ENTER A NEW REPORT, REVIEW REPORTS, or LOG OUT.
If you CAUGHT FISH, please enter the catch information for all kept and released striped bass below.
- Enter the CATCH WEIGHT of the fish in pounds (lbs) if known.
- Enter the CATCH LENGTH in inches. Measure the TOTAL LENGTH of the fish from the tip of the snout to the end of the tail, not the fork length.
- Select the DISPOSITION (kept/released) of the fish from the drop-down menu.
- Select the CATCH HEALTH from the drop-down menu.
- Select whether you used your Bonus Permit to harvest the fish – BONUS FISH? Yes or No.
- If you harvested the fish using your Bonus Permit, enter the BONUS PERMIT #.
To add more fish, click on ADD ROW. Once you have entered all fish caught for that single trip, click APPLY CHANGES.
EDITING A CATCH REPORT
To edit a pre-existing catch report:
- Click on Edit Catch Report on the left-hand side of the screen.
- Select the Trip Date you would like to edit.
- When making changes in the Edit Trip section, you must click APPLY CHANGES to update Trip Information.
- When making changes to the Edit Catch section, you must click APPLY CHANGES to update the corrections made.
REVIEWING STRIPED BASS CATCH REPORTS
To review Striped Bass Catch Reports:
- Click on Review Catch Reports on the left-hand side of the screen.
- Select the individual Trip Date you would like to view.
- To return to the previous screen, use your browser’s “Back” button on the top of the screen or click on Review Catch Reports on the left-hand side.
- If you would like to save your catch summary on your personal computer, click on the DOWNLOAD button, and choose “Save” in the File Download window.
NOTE: After entering your striped bass fishing trip data, review the catch report for any data entry errors and edit accordingly.