Drought Status and Conditions
Typically drawn down in summer when customer demands increase, water supply reservoirs are designed to refill in the winter and spring through natural runoff and, in some cases, by pumping water into them. Reservoir storage is just one factor that NJDEP uses to evaluate drought conditions and their impact on regional drinking water supplies.
- Past 90 days Precipitation Departure (National Weather Service)
- Past 365 days Precipitation Departure (National Weather Service)
- New Jersey Statewide Monthly Total Precipitation (The Office of the State Climatologist)
- Weekly Drought Palmer Severity Index (National Oceanic and Atmospheric Administration)
- New Jersey’s Extreme Temperature and Precipitation Months (The Office of the State Climatologist)