New Jersey's Banked Emission Credits
This section provides information related to New Jersey’s Banked Emission Credits (Creditable Emission Reductions or CERs). The Emission Offset Rule (N.J.A.C. 7:27-18.8) offers eligible applicants the right to preserve qualified emission reductions for future use as Offset credits and/or trade within the designated areas in New Jersey. NJDEP maintains a database of CERs. The database contains information related to applications filed by companies to record their claims of emissions reductions.
The Banked Emission Credits reports below provide a list of CERs currently in the database. NJDEP plans to update these reports periodically.
Banked Emission Credits – Listing by County
Banked Emission Credits – Listing by Federally Designated Ozone Nonattainment Areas*
Northern Ozone Nonattainment Area (NY-NJ-CT) – Listing by Facility
Southern Ozone Nonattainment Area (PA-NJ-DE-MD) – Listing by Facility
- Frequently Asked Questions
- CER01 – Application for Banking and/or Verifying Creditable Emission Reductions (CERs)
- CER02 – Identification of Creditable Emission Reductions (CERs) for Transfer
- CER03 – Joint Request for Transfer Of Creditable Emission Reductions (CERs)
- Emission Offset Rule
- Using Emission Credits as Offsets
- Banking and Securing Air Emission Credits – Guidance Document